Item #: 10552
John Kubasek MAG-TAG Folding Dog Tag Knife with Carbon Fiber
Massachusetts-based knifemaker John Kubasek does it again. Leading the knife world with innovation, the newest creation is called the MAG TAG and it's another really cool knife in a small package.
The MAG TAG is a folding dog tag knife that uses a rare earth magnet to lock the knife in the open position, depress the magnet to unlock the knife similar to a liner lock folder. The handle is a laminate of 6AL4V titanium and carbon fiber. The blade is 440C stainless steel. Closed, the knife measures just 2 1/8 inch X 1 1/8 inches. Overall it is 3 3/4 inches, while the blade measures 1 3/4 inches. The knife is meant to be worn around the neck and comes with a 30-inch black chain with a black lobster claw clip.
- Made with real carbon fiber, titanium, and 440C stainless steel
- Mini form factor folds to be a dog tag at just 2 1/8 in. x 1 1/8 in.
- Uses a rare earth magnet to lock the knife in the open position
- Comes with a 30-inch black chain with black lobster claw clip
- Handmade in the USA by renowned knife maker, John Kubasek
About the Makers
John started crafting knives in 1988 after the cutlery factory he worked on shut down. Making knives was a way for him to express himself by taking raw materials and creating one of the most used tools in everyday life.
- Open: 3 3/4" in. x 1 1/8"
- Closed: 2 1/8" in. x 1 1/8" in.
- Blade: 1 3/4" in.
Actual Item Weight
38 grams (1.34 ounces)