I know you came for our awesome blog post, but we have to let you in on something. Our main business is a shop that sells a ton of unique and cool lifestyle and personal accessories made with REAL carbon fiber.
If you love carbon fiber as much as we do, go explore!
A carbon fiber luggage set offers plenty of benefits compared to conventional heavy and sturdy suitcases. It’s the sexy, world-class design and the maximum durability that counts. Check out why you should upgrade your luggage with a carbon fiber luggage set!
RELATED: Cool Carbon Fiber Stuff We Found On YouTube
In this article:
- Modern & World-Class Look
- Strong and Lightweight
- Complex & Compact
- Sophisticated Production
- Beware of Fakes and Frauds
What to Look for in a Carbon Fiber Luggage Set:
Modern & World-Class Look
A carbon fiber luggage set levels up your standard luggage - it’s sleek, futuristic, and world-class with a unique woven texture.
And most importantly, the feeling of luxury is timeless.
Strong and Lightweight
Strength and weight are some of the biggest concerns when choosing luggage. But that’s not the problem with carbon fiber luggage sets:
- Strong & Lightweight: carbon fiber is an extremely strong material. Fact: It’s ten times stronger than steel, and yet it is five times lighter!
- Stability: with an integrated laminate construction, carbon fiber luggage keeps everything inside together and ensures its shockproof service against even large impinging forces.
- Easy Maneuvering: Straps or attachment mechanisms also feature in some luggage collections, making it easier to maneuver each piece with ease.
- Breakage/Splintering Prevention: Some carbon fiber luggage features thermoplastic films that prevent breakage and splintering, guarantee the safety of contents until the final destination.
Imagine your luggage set can resist corrosion, heat, or moisture. Carbon fiber luggage has all you need.
It has incredible durability and remains undamaged and stable in harsh conditions. Some carbon fiber sets are even scratch-resistant thanks to their special coating in the post-production process.
RELATED: Is Carbon Fiber Conductive?
Complex & Compact
With an entire set, you have options for:
- A carry-on: functions as a portable office - featuring a laptop compartment and even a built-in power bank.
- A medium/large-sized checked bag: comes with a shoe compartment and an expansion system that increases capacity.
- A luggage strap attaches to the suitcases and ensures all the items are kept intact when in motion.
Upgrading your luggage with a carbon fiber set will also guarantee the security of your suitcase. Take our Swiss Luggage Carbon Fiber Luggage Collection, for example:
- TSA-Licensed Lock & Drawbolt Latches: the patented locking mechanism maintains the utmost security of the case. Open/Close with one single click!
- Wire Lanyard: a welcome yet effective security design with steel on both interior and exterior, offering maximum theft protection in public places like the kiosk or the coffee bar.
Turning carbon fiber material into luggage is a time-consuming process that takes effort similar to that in the creation of race cars and motorcycles.
Manufacturers use a two-part molding process to produce most hard-sided luggage. This is because the shell polymer material can be efficiently heated until liquified, then injected into a mold and cured as a luggage form.
However, this process is inapplicable with carbon fiber. Carbon fibers can’t either be pumped into a mold or retain their orientation afterward. Instead, we usually have the material in the form of a sheet, resembling a piece of fabric. The sheet must be cut, shaped, and then laid into the mold entirely by hand.
This is a tricky process that requires highly trained personnel. If any mistakes are made during production, the costly materials are not easily recycled and are usually discarded.
Beware of Fakes and Frauds
As it requires highly-trained skills to produce carbon fiber luggage, you have the right to expect a luxury product: an exquisite lining, eye-pleasing, and robust hardware - and it will feel luxurious!
There are some less than honest manufacturers who turn to alternative materials to cut cost, which ends up creating a “replica” that looks like real carbon fiber luggage but is far from it.
So pay careful attention to the credibility of retailers and manufacturers before making your purchase.
Carbon Fiber Gear is an authorized retailer for TUMI. Check out the TUMI International Dual Access 4 Wheeled Carbon Fiber Carry-On Suitcase
How many times have you struggled with coordinating travel bags, carry-ons, and checked suitcases at the airport? As a collection of suitcases, carbon fiber luggage sets are much more organized, luxurious, packed with features, and the most durable. Elegance accompanied by futuristic appearance and convenience – once again, Carbon fiber luggage knows how to score points.
Want to upgrade your luggage with a carbon fiber luggage set? Visit our website and check out our Carbon Fiber Travel collection!