The VAIO Z is unrivaled in terms of size, performance, and features. But best of all, it is the world's first contoured carbon fiber laptop. Here is what you can expect from this premium version from VAIO!
In this article:
Vaio Z - An Exclusive Blend of Ultra-light and Ultra-powerful
World's First Contoured Carbon Fiber Laptop
The highlight of VAIO Z is undeniably its carbon fiber build. Take a look at the incredible engineering behind the scene, and you know why.
VAIO implements a new 3D molding technology to produce the world's first 3-D contoured carbon fiber laptop chassis instead of just the lid and bottom as seen in previous carbon fiber laptops like the Thinkpad series from Lenovo.
Not only does this engineering make it super light (2.32 lbs or 1.06 kg) and unyielding, but it can also take a beating. The ultra-thin laptop passed extreme testing like drop, flex tests, bending, and qualified for the MIL standard (MIL-STD-810 H).
And no surprise did the manufacturers also pull off an appealing design. VAIO Z bears a futuristic, unearthly feel of carbon fiber. The brushed finish on the lid and minimalist VAIO logo add heaps of style to the super lightweight Ultrabook.
A Powerful Set of Internals
Compared to other Ultrabooks, VAIO Z excels in not only its premium design but also performance thanks to an impeccable set of internals:
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- Memory: Up to 32GB LPDDR3x (4,266 MHz)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0
- Ports: 1 HDMI, 2 USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 4, Mic/Headphone
- Front Camera: 720P HD with Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor
- Thermals: Heat rarely peaks over 102°F (39°C) thanks to the carbon fiber build.
- Processor: 11th gen Intel Core i7-11375H processor boasts similar performance of gaming laptops like Razer Blade Pro 17.
- Storage: Off-the-charts fast 2TB PCIe 4.0 Samsung SSD doubles any SSD series from 2020.
- Display: Fabulous 14" 4K LCD comes with a 180-degree hinge, topmost color accuracy, brightness peaks, and anti-glare design.
- Battery: The battery can run a maximum of 10 hours and 42 minutes in a test of 150 nits of brightness. When pushed harder to 400 nits with HDR, it goes down to 5 to 6 hours.
- Keyboard: 1.5mm of travel provides the topmost ergonomic typing experience. The fluorine-containing UV coating prevents fingerprints and smudge.
- Touchpad: Spacious non-clicking pad provides full gesture support with two smaller left and right-clicking button bars below.
- Facial Recognition: Windows Hello gives a truly fascinating hands-free experience. The ToF sensor can enable an automatic shutter depending on whether you are in front of it.
- Fingerprint reader: If facial recognition fails or the physical privacy ToF shutter is engaged, you can use a fingerprint reader to the power button as an alternative.
What to Look Out For
VAIO Z is officially out in the Signature Black variant, and you can now purchase it at around $3,580 to $4,180.
Despite a heavy price tag, VAIO Z will surely satisfy tech fans with its exceptional engineering, design, and performance.
There have been stellar VAIO laptops over the years, but the VAIO Z and all its perks stand out for good reasons. With typical premium Japanese electronics, you get what you pay!
This premium laptop meets the top demands of aesthetics and performance. Looking for other high-end carbon fiber products? Visit our store and have a look at our featured collections!