Item #: 10215
Escort III Carbon Fiber Dagger Knife
The Escort III dagger is knife made from a solid stack of three different types of aerospace grade carbon fiber:
- Outer Layer: 3k 2xt twill weave fabric, that diagonal pattern we all love
- Internal Layers: Internally this knife is made up of a mix of unidirectional weave along with something called lightning strike. Lightning strike is carbon fiber woven with strands of aluminum, using this material keeps the daggers visible when going through a metal detector.
The blade is made up of 12 layers of carbon, while the handle is made up of a total of 36 layers of carbon fiber.
You would think all those layers would weigh this carbon fiber knife down...but think again. The design is ultra lightweight, weighing in at just 19 grams, under one ounce...while still remaining insanely strong! The knife is 9" long and 1.250" wide with a blade thickness of .100" and handle thickness of .300". It is made 100% in the USA.
Please keep in mind that carbon fiber does not offer a super sharp blade on the knife, it's not really meant for cutting, but rather for self-defense/stabbing or as an art/decorative knife...or even a beautiful letter opener. The blade does not hold an edge but can be "sharpened' by simply using a sandpaper or even a sharpening stone.
- Solid carbon fiber dagger/letter opener/art knife
- Ultra light blade and handle design
- Weighs just 19 grams
- Has a minimal number of aluminum wires running through it so it is detectable by a metal detector
- Made in the USA
8.5" in. x 1.3" in. x 0.3" in. Blade thickness: .100" Handle thickness: .300"
Actual Item Weight
19 grams (0.67 ounces)