SCUBAPRO recently launched its newest carbon fiber scuba regulator. Here's what you need to know about the MK19 EVO BT/G260 Carbon BT regulator system.
RELATED: How Durable Is Carbon Fiber?
In this article:
- MK19 EVO BT/G260 Regulator System
- Technical Features Summary
- Scuba Regulator With a Carbon Fiber Advantage
- Final Thoughts
Ultimate Scuba Regulator for Cold Water Dives
MK19 EVO BT/G260 Regulator System
This set is all about cold water and technical diving. It's good-looking and notably lighter than previous versions.
SCUBAPRO combined the best features of the MK17 EVO and the MK25 EVO to create the MK19 EVO. It uses an environmentally sealed diaphragm design but with a swiveling low-pressure turret. Furthermore, the double spring design makes it more compact without affecting responsiveness or performance.
The main body features two opposing high-pressure ports with four low-pressure ports around the turret circumference and ends with an axial super high-flow port. In other words, you can position the hoses where you want them.
The G260 is a professional-grade second stage that offers performance and versatility. A pneumatically balanced valve ensures smooth breathing, and to improve its cold water reliability, the G260 uses a metal valve barrel and heat exchanger.
The large air-balanced diaphragm delivers consistent airflow at any depth, breathing rate, and tank pressure. On top of that, a self-adjustable breathing knob gives you control over the airflow paths and allows you to fine-tune air delivery as you dive deeper. You can change the airflow towards the mouthpiece for optimal delivery or divert it towards the diaphragm for additional protection against free flows.
SCUBAPRO's Black Tech DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) upgrades both components with a more durable finish. Lastly, an environmentally sealed system stops water and pollutants from contaminating the inner mechanism.
Technical Features Summary
- Air balanced flow-through piston in a Black Tech-coated brass body.
- Air-balanced second-stage valve levels out the inhalation effort at changing depths and supply pressures.
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch prevents free flows when used as an octopus or in cold water.
- External pressure adjustment permits quick and easy performance modifications.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) protects the inner mechanism, improves cold-water endurance, and slows ice formation in severe conditions without jeopardizing breathing performance.
- Anti-freeze protection and metal components (including valve inlet tube and air barrel) enhance resistance to freezing and improve breathing reliability even in the harshest water temperatures.
- An axial super high-flow low-pressure port and four high-flow ports maximize hose routing options for technical diving configurations.
- A super-flow hose provides added air to flow on each breath.
- A high-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation for overall breathing comfort.
- Two opposing high-pressure ports allow you to position the first stage either up or down.
- SCUBAPRO's large diaphragm and casing with nylon fiberglass design ensure optimal breathing sensitivity at any depth.
- An orthodontic mouthpiece that's comfortable to grip and doesn't hinder airflow.
- BlackTech coating includes an internal layer of chemical Nickel (FDA approved) and a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) surface.
Scuba Regulator With a Carbon Fiber Advantage
One of carbon fiber's leading advantages is its durability. It can resist substantial shocks, impacts, and crashes without severe damage. In other words, your scuba regulator will survive a few knocks or drops in harsh diving conditions.
Additionally, the carbon coating protects the exterior from minor scratches, saltwater, and corrosion.
Besides, carbon fiber is lightweight. By replacing the technopolymer front cover with carbon fiber shaves off 24g. Considering the weight is on your jaw and surrounding muscles, a little less can make a huge difference during a long dive.
Plus, carbon adds a technical look and a stylish finish.
SCUBAPRO gear is intuitive, comfortable, and perfectly suited to most diving conditions. And, the MK19 EVO BT/G260 Carbon BT regulator system is no exception.
It's the ultimate scuba regulator for contaminated or cold water, breathes like a dream, and looks great. All you have to focus on is an extraordinary dive experience.