The news is confirmed and Cadillac lovers everywhere are excited about the two upcoming carbon fiber packages for Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing 2022. Here’s a closer look at what's on offer!
In this article:
Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Versions - When Luxury Meets Durability:
The New Ultra-High-Performance Luxury Sedan
In February 2021, Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing first appeared on a live stream. The new luxury sedan boasts the GM’s supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 engine that roars 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque, featuring a standard six-speed manual transmission, along with an optional ten-speed automatic.
Components & Pricing
1 Carbon Fiber 1 Package:
- Front-wheel well deflectors
- Rear extra aero spoiler
- Front splitter
2 Carbon Fiber 2 Package:
- Rear valance diffuser
- Rocker extensions
- Rocker moldings
- Grille header
*Disclaimer: To order the Carbon Fiber 2 Package for your Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, your order has to include Carbon Fiber 1 Package as well. Carbon Fiber 1 Package costs $4,100 while Carbon Fiber 2 Package is priced at $5,230. So you will have to purchase $9,330 in total.
Chances are, people would order separate components from each package and install them. However, this way seems to cost more than purchasing the original package, which indeed offers maximized carbon fiber enhancements.
More Than A Cosmetic Upgrade
Carbon fiber cars are often regarded as merely a cosmetic upgrade, yet performance is actually the main focus. With these two packages, Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing is proposed to have some remarkable enhancements such as:
- Intake airflow is greatly improved compared to third-generation CTS-Vs (Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing’s indirect predecessors).
- Airflow is channeled to the auxiliary charge coolers by the larger secondary grilles. Pressure is also lower thanks to the smaller front lower grilles that direct airflow into brake-cooling ducts.
- Underbody aerodynamics, aero-efficiency, and the vehicle’s track capability are also improved with the newly enhanced underbody panels’ airflow-channeling strakes.
- Lifts can be reduced by 75 percent thanks to the carbon fiber wind-tunnel-tested and a front splitter. The car stays planted even when taking turns at higher speeds.
- Rear-wheel traction at higher speeds is maintained thanks to a rear spoiler that balances the front splitter's side-effect.
All 250 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing were sold out just minutes after the pre-order opening. The luxury sedan will go into production this July, and speed fans worldwide are super excited to welcome this classic!
What do you think about the carbon fiber enhancements for Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!